Shop by Types of Hand Truck Wheels
Shop Hand Truck Wheels by Brand
10 Quick Tips for Buying Hand Truck Wheels
1. Pneumatic wheels are filled with air, just like car tires. Dolly wheels offer the most cushioning of any hand truck wheel and are the most popular general use hand truck wheel. Air-filled hand truck wheels are generally three inches wide and have steel hubs.
2. Semi-pneumatic wheels have air pockets built into the tire so they never need to be filled with air.
3. Moldon rubber wheels are solid rubber and feature a thinner profile than pneumatic wheels.
4. Solid rubber wheels generally have a higher load capacity than pneumatic wheels because these dolly wheels are stiff and never go flat.
5. Balloon cushion wheels are made of solid rubber but have a round shape and thinner profile. This design makes this hand truck wheel easier to turn on smooth surfaces.
6. Some semi-pneumatic wheels have a zerk fitting that allows you to grease the ball bearings for a smooth ride.
7. Rubber wheels are the best hand truck wheels for use on hard, flat surfaces.
8. Hand truck wheels range in size from 2.5 inches all the way up to 12 inches.
9. Poorly maintained hand truck wheels will greatly increase physical stress on the hand truck operator. Always keep hand truck wheels properly inflated and well maintained for optimal function and safety.
10. Swivel casters are a good option for moving lighter loads over.
For more info, check out our Helpful Information page.
Hand Truck Wheels